Pacific Nations Nurses scholarship to attend the ACN Institute of Leadership’s – Nurse Executive Leadership Program.
The Australian College of Nursing Foundation (ACNF) is offering two fully funded scholarships for Pacific Island Nations Nursing Leaders to attend ACN’s Institute of Leadership’s Nurse Executive Leadership Program from 11-16 September 2023 in Sydney.
The scholarships are targeted at experienced Registered Nurses working in senior leadership or executive roles within the health or aged care system in the Pacific Nations who aspire to be the next Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officers or leaders of National Nursing Associations.
Valued at up to AUD$15,000 and include course registration, flights, and accommodation.
The two scholarships will be awarded to the current or future nurse leaders who best demonstrate their vision to transform healthcare and influence governments in their respective countries.
The Nurse Executive Leadership Program will develop those in, or those aspiring to, nurse executive roles with the capabilities required to meet the future social, political and economic challenges in health and aged care.
The program is structured to meet the requirements of ACN’s Nurse Executive Capability Framework supporting nursing executives to continue in the health and aged care industry as they navigate the current health care landscape and strengthen their knowledge and influence in their existing and future roles.
On successful completion of this program executive nurses will be able to:
- balance expectations related to operational management and executive leadership;
- influence, monitor, guide at a strategic level, network, partner, and be across the latest evidence to make decisions;
- lead the strategy and facilitate implementation; and
- build capacity in the next leadership level and throughout the organisation.
Successful completion of this six-month program is determined by the participant demonstrating the following:
- Active participation in the five-day face-to-face masterclass (including pre-reading);
- Participation in mentoring;
- Completion of the 360-degree feedback tool assessing capabilities against ACN’s Nurse Executive Capability Framework at the beginning of the program;
- Submission of written work demonstrating completion of a high-level project/initiative outlining how you have met the capabilities as outlined in ACN’s Nurse Executive Capability Framework.
Plus, one or more of the following:
- representation of the nursing profession at a high-level forum;
- participation in research, a project or quality improvement initiative;
- publication on a key nursing issue; and
- participation in an action learning set.